Nokuphila School, a project of the Love Trust, is based in President Park which borders on Thembisa. The school was founded in 2009 with the vision to nurture future generations of servant leaders through the delivery of Christian based education to vulnerable children in disadvantaged communities.
The school serves 300 children from Grade 000 to Grade 7.
For many of these children spoken English is only ever heard in the classroom!
We currently have 10 volunteers and we work with 40 Grade 2s and Grade 3s. The ideal situation is to have a ratio of one volunteer to one child and we hope that as more volunteers join our centre, this may become a reality.
The centre offers Literacy support and hope to add Numeracy support as soon as possible.
Corner of President and Steyn Roads in President Park. The school is fenced and secure parking is available for volunteers.
From N1 to Nokuphila Primary School
- Take exit 108 for M39/Allandale Road toward Midrand/Grand Central Airport
- Follow signs for Kempton Park/Midrand
- Continue onto Allandale Rd/M39
- Turn left onto Pretoria Main Rd/K101
- Turn right onto Dale Rd
- Turn right onto Modderfontein Rd/M38 (pass Nokuphila Pre-Primary)
- Turn left onto President Rd
- Arrive at Nokuphila Primary School: Corner President Rd & Steyn Rd
Physical Address: Corner of President and Steyn Roads, President Park
Centre Manager: Jan Benvie firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Centre Manager: Deon Bessinger
Literacy : Mondays 9:30 – 11:30 & Fridays 9:30 – 11:30
Numeracy : TBA